Carrot Cake Oatmeal
This is one of my favourite oatmeals. It tastes just like this insanely delicious vegan carrot cake which I would love to share with you as soon as possible!
And I love to have veggies for breakfast because I think they are super healthy and satisfying. My all time favourite toppings are raisins, dried coconut flakes, coconut sugar and sliced apple
- 1/2 a cup rolled oats
- 1/2 a cup rice or almond milk
- 1/2 a cup water
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 banana, mashed
- cinnamon & nutmeg or just gingerbread spice
- cut up apple
- coconut flakes
- coconut sugar
1. Start by mixing together the oats, the cinnamon and the nutmeg (or just the gingerbread spice if using).
2. Grate the carrots on the finest grater you can find and mash your banana with a fork.
3. Heat the milk of your choice with the water on a stove and bring it to a boil. Then add in the oats and spices mixture, the grated carrot and the mashed banana and let it simmer on medium heat for about ten minutes stirring occasionally. When it gets too dry add a little more water to prevent it from sticking or burning.
4. Grab a bowl, fill in the oatmeal and top it with your desired toppings.
I was looking for a recipe to cook during autumn before class, this is wonderful!